Journal entries and Bible study notes
(These are just small pieces of what the Lord is teaching us. They may not be full thoughts and you might not understand all of them. But you can walk a little with us as we share the spiritual inner workings of the Lord in our hearts while we're here in India)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I thought I would share with you how to make Indian tea since I have been learning myself in the last few days.

Boil enough milk to fill the cup of each person you are making tea for. (Make sure you use a thick bottomed pan so you will not scorch your milk.) Once the milk has boiled for a minute or two, add one scoop of loose Indian tea mix, we’re using the 3 Roses brand right now, for each cup (I suggest using chia tea for a substitute if you don’t know where the closest Indian market is, and if you leave it in the bag you won’t have to strain the tea. I haven’t tried this myself, so I’m just guessing.) While the milk and tea are boiling for another two to three minutes, add a scoop of sugar to each cup. Finally, remove the tea from heat and, using a very fine strainer, strain the tea into each cup. Stir to fully dissolve the sugar and serve very hot!



2 comments:

  1. Hello My God-Fearing Lady-Friends!
    The video's appear wonderfully in both the Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. It's actually kinda fun to play both video's at the same time - Double dose of the girls!!!

    The tea looked great! I could almost taste the Chai through my laptop. Anyway, what was that little squeaking noise in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squeaking noise was probably our neighborhood squirrel, who is very LOUD!

    ReplyDelete