Journal entries and Bible study notes
(These are just small pieces of what the Lord is teaching us. They may not be full thoughts and you might not understand all of them. But you can walk a little with us as we share the spiritual inner workings of the Lord in our hearts while we're here in India)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

On Motives


Jeremiah 31:3-4 – “The Lord has appeared to us in the past (from afar), saying: ‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.”

Quote (Passion for Jesus, pg. 26, Mike Bickle) – “As my confidence in Him grew, my heart became soft and pliable, fervent and warm. Understanding God’s great affections for me ignited my love for Him.”

I love Patrick more as I grow in understanding of him and as I grow in my understanding of his love for me. Genuine patience and trust also increase. When I first knew him, I was eager to please him for my sake. But now I am becoming more eager to please him for his sake.  I am patient and trusting when I don’t understand him because I know his character, not because I want to uphold mine. This is also how it is with the Lord, only greater-for His spirit is in me to teach me.  If I am patient and trusting with God because of my character, then I know that I do not really know or understand Him. 
~Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Ooww! Well said, my lady. That edifies us all to trust our Bridegroom Jesus with our whole heart - but only as we grow in understanding HIS character and the glories of HIS nature. Has He ever, even once, let us down?

    ReplyDelete