Journal entries and Bible study notes
(These are just small pieces of what the Lord is teaching us. They may not be full thoughts and you might not understand all of them. But you can walk a little with us as we share the spiritual inner workings of the Lord in our hearts while we're here in India)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wednesday, 1/19/11 @11:45pm


Wednesday, 1/19/11 @11:45pm – “2 Timothy 4:2 and 1 Peter 3:15 both explain the magnitude of ‘being prepared’ with the Word. I have always been intimidated by these commands. I don’t have my theological dissertation prepared; nor do I want to prepare it once, memorize it, and then quote it like old, stale news. But today I realized that I, at this time, feel ready to share my hope with anyone. I have a word of encouragement, rebuke, or instruction that is founded on the Word ready. Why? Because I have been spending so much time wrestling with the Words I am reading in my personal study with the Lord.  I see now that by simply spending enough time in the Word and prayer, I am prepared to give a piece of encouragement or hope or rebuke should I be called upon to do so.  The instructions in these verses are in part, simply a reminder to be in the Word all the time.”
~Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment